Monday, 1 September 2014

A House to Call Home



The New Place!


Hello,

It's back to the usually foggy rain here in Northampton - what the locals call "boggy."
I thought I would give you and idea of what our place looks like on Cecil Rd - pronouced (Seh - Sol) which is a man's name. I learned that one the hard way when trying to direct the taxi driver to (Seh - Seal). Anyways, I quite like our little place although there are a few things that make me chuckle.

This photo for instance is of the second washroom. A bit of a let - down considering there isn't even room for a hand towel, and we flood the floor everytime we use the sink. Oh yes, and ironically enough it is the ONLY room in the house where the door is not spring loaded.


This is our backyard. I volunteered to be responsible for mowing the grass. But considering how much it rains I might change my mind. The first morning I stepped out I was startled to realize I was looking straight at my neighbor... 5 houses down. Not so much privacy, and I was easily able to bend down and pet the neighbor's cat over the wall.

This is also something different in England. People park however they want

                                      
This is one of the intersections close to our place. It's just so quaint and English!


                                                    
The picture above is of Sonja and Eric. I met Sonja at church on Sunday and she has completely adopted me already! We spent the whole day together - had a fantastic dinner which we all took naps after (I'm a tad jet-lagged), sang at a Retirement home and then back to church for the evening service. There was a young adults Bible Study happening after that as well, which I will probably check out next week. I was overwhelmed by the hospitality and warmth from everyone in the small 100 member congregation. The pastor's wife is Canadian and was thrilled that I would still be in Northampton for July 1st and we already planned to make Canada Day cupcakes together. 

So far so good out here. I am thankful for incredibly tech - savvy roommates, without them I would be completely lost, and probably never be able to write on this blog. Hope to have internet at our place soon! 
First day of school tomorrow!  
Goodnight
Luv.







3 comments:

  1. Of course you've made friends already. Love it. Keep posting all the fun stuff and I might just have to join you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could Katy! It's more fun with friends!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an amazing church experience!!

    ReplyDelete