Hello everyone,
It has been a fantastic week so far.
Sunday afternoon I picked up my bike complete with bell, lights, rack, pump and lock! The people here really are too good to me!
Sunday was a full day again, which I love. Two services, an open lunch - where about 15 of us gathered, and a late night Bible Study. Over lunch I was informed of Scotland's big vote of independence coming up in a few weeks. It would create a big mess in the UK if they separate, as how do you divide things like an army, share currency, create legislation? We shall see how things turn out. It is safe to say I feel involved here.
A small highlight of my Sunday morning walk to church was this :
This generous contribution from a complete stranger made me very happy. Although, I might add, my purse was incredibly heavy for the rest of the day. Also, fun fact : a zucchini is called a courgette here.
Monday dawned bright and sunny and quite early, as I woke in anticipation of exploring the English country-side on my bike. The only downside is the issue of storage space. Last night my bike was stored in our shed with a broken window and no lock, tied to the vacuum (or my favorite English word hoover), with a chair blocking the door. Hopefully it will be safe for the time being.
Here she is! Graffiti is universal.
In the last two days I've put in 6 hours on my new bike - so much to see and explore!
Monday I also had the privilege of having lunch with the Pastor Paul and his wife Julia. They are a very warm and welcoming family, and it's great to see the passion they have for their church community. Yes, I have also been doing some reading for school. Looking forward to going to my first class with all the other students tommorow! It will be a surprise for them as they don't even know 6 Canadians will be joining them! Tiffany and I were thinking of bringing Canadian - themed cookies to help break the ice. It was that or a giant poutine.
Hope all is well back on Canadian soil!








No comments:
Post a Comment