It's been a full 3 days of school! The campus is very nice and modern, not really what I expected. I was thinking more along the lines of "Harry Potter."
They haven't taken it easy on us, the "special" Canadians as the last two days we stayed in class longer than our original 9:30 - 4:30 itinerary indicated.
I really can't complain as sleeping in till 7:30 is the latest I have ever woken up for school!
I am super excited for this opportunity - and as our educator put so adequately "congratulations on choosing the best occupation in the world!" - As all our educators are OTs I'm confident that statement is completely unbiased :)
For those unfamiliar with the profession of Occupational Therapy I will explain it as my roommate Tiffany does: "Think about what you do, everyday, from the moment you wake up, until you go to bed at night. Now imagine you have some sort of disability or barrier whether mental or physical, which inhibits you from completing those tasks. This is where occupational therapy can help!" It's such a great occupation with a huge area of work opportunities.
I also realized that school in the UK however glamorous that sounds, is still school. I've learned to appreciate the little things that make life grand. Free tea and coffee and a microwave on campus being a few of those things.
I'm still pinching myself daily, that I'm actually here, in England, going to university. As my devotional this morning put so well - a rejuvenated prayer life often begins with 2 words; "Thank you!"
This plaque was on campus - so true don't you think?
Jumping for joy to be back at school :)
An unique feature of the very modern student lounge - a "gaming pod"
So happy to be running through the dangerously uneven streets of Northampton
Tiffany and I exploring town
SO fun to read your blog..
ReplyDeleteSounds really good so far.
I love this --- a rejuvenated prayer life often begins with 2 words; "Thank you!"
Curious to know which devotional you're reading.
Looking forward to hearing more about ENGLAND! :)
PS: Thought to read your blog when I was eating popcorn last night as microwave popcorn always reminds me of you. First time I'd ever had it, haha
BEL! So nice to see all the pics and see your face again.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear England life is good and you are appreciating the small stuff! Such a great outlook keeps us content!
Keep the updates coming. LOVE
Jill! It's one thousand gifts devotional by Ann Voskamp! I highly recommend it, she has a very unique style.
ReplyDelete