Wednesday, 1 October 2014

The Calm before the Storm

Happy October 1! 

October brings with it a number of things, cooler days, falling leaves, Emily's birthday.
The local shops begin stocking their shelves with Christmas paraphernalia... and so it begins, the countdown to Christmas, the end of the year.. and placement! 

It's Wednesday so we are right in the middle of our week off "the calm before the storm" before placement. The days are spent furiously reading and prepping for some, and in a state of denial for others. In my defense, it's extremely distracting to study when the days are sunny, and there are all sorts of new clubs to try out! 

Our tutors said farewell to us for the year as classes are done, The send off this time was in form of a rap and then an impromptu karaoke session to Tina Turners "simply the best" - Yes, this is University! 

We quickly switched gears, giving our grey matter a rest and focused on exercising the other muscles. 
Tiff is really excited to be done school. I think she can jump higher than she is tall. Years of ballet paid off!


Nature is participating in our workout routine


The newest anti - spider remedy. These are conkers or horse chestnuts, the first time the British folk mentioned conkers I thought they were talking about a new board game. Also this photo gives a nice view of our backyard or "garden", along with the rest of the neighborhood's. 


We also receive the local paper which informs us about many things. For instance, the noise complaints that filled an entire spread  regarding Fresher's week on campus. This I found interesting as we are new to the area. I especially agree with # 1 and 3. 



Tiff, Sophy and I joined up with some local cyclists in what is known as "Critical Mass." Once a month you pull out whatever contraption on two wheels you can ride and cycle for an hour through town. This was a slightly hazardous event. Just imagine 30+ cyclists taking up an entire lane during rush hour. You don't need to go far to participate in extreme sports in Northampton.

This is the epitome of student life, Sophy is using the box our lawn mower came in as a table.

Sometimes we get invited out, but we'd rather stay home and play scrabble instead. This is what happens when you hit 25. The 18yr olds just don't understand...

I also had the opportunity to try out Rowing club with Danielle, Football and Choir! I'm most excited for our Christmas concert - perhaps it can be viewed on live feed. Oh and I have to mention a highlight of the weekend was skyping with my grandparents! I'm glad I got to see Grandpa's new teeth! Looks great! It's never to late to try something new! 

That's all for now, take care. 




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you live in England!!! haha. seriously... Your local streets look so different!

    ReplyDelete