Hello!
The best part about having a blog is the fact that you are always on the lookout for exciting news items to take place so you can write about them.
Then the realization hits that life is sometimes very ordinary, whatever part of the world you live in, and you understand that it's not the external factors that make life grand, its those little everyday occurrences and a positive outlook that allows us to see how life can be so marvelous! How often we forget to give thanks! "Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name." Psalm 103:1
Here is a little recap of some of the past week's activities. In no specific order, although moving from AM to PM.
Good morning world! Everyone is still tucked into bed in their terrace homes when I start my walk to my carpool's house. Everyone, that is, except for the faithful dog walker that has two exceptionally excitable puppies that seem to be attracted to green uniforms. I've learned to walk on the other side of the road.
On weekend mornings, after our park run I often have breakfast with Tiffany. Then I sing the song for the rest of the day.
The sausage you see here are complements of Danielle's part time job at "Fuel." I tell her she is literally the breadwinner in our household. We all appreciate the food she brings home.
Speaking of food... look what arrived from Canada!
My mom wanted to share a little Thanksgiving cheer! Who can resist nutella and pumpkin cookies. Much appreciated.
Look what the wind blew in... you don't know what you will discover strolling through the race course. This man was using a parachute and a skateboard to whiz around the park. Sadly, later the parachute ended up tangled in a tree.
On a sunday afternoon walk we circled the obelisk that so many of the roads here are named after. If you are looking for an address you can bet it will be on "obelisk rise."
Moving on to the evening : Our second thanksgiving dinner was a smashing success.
Finished the night with a gluten free pumpkin pie and a game of settlers.
When you don't have a car, you realize how night time activities become less accessible, however you get to experience different modes of transportation like riding on the top deck of this Uni bus. Last time I rode the bus it was packed and the football team decided to hand out a slice of pizza to everyone!
Climb on! Found the local climbing gym and I joined the university climbing club so Sophy and I can go for free! It's way across town and I ended up getting a flat on my bike on the way home...I was glad for Sophy's company for the 50 min walk home.
Ah... I miss my friends in Canada to have a nightcap with! Instead I drink wine and eat cheesy curls in my sleeping bag. I bought these cheesy treats from the corner-store down the street and didn't have enough change, so the store owner said, no problem! You can pay me next time. Does that even happen anymore?
In light of the shootings in Ottawa, I'm thankful for health and safety, and reminded to pray for our government and continued freedoms that we can still enjoy.
Take care of yourself!
Love from England.
No comments:
Post a Comment