Hope all is well,
With our first OT placement behind us, we students were looking forward to sleeping in, Christmas celebrations and exploring the countryside.
Tiff and I fired off for London overnight to see all the Christmas sights.
Always "Mind the Gap" Tiff's first experience on t
It overtook us so long to figure out how to get a photo with us and Big Ben - we call this the "low selfie" because you have to hold the camera at knee height to capture the scene.
We toured London with a Rick Steves audio tour, connected with one earbud in each ear. It was highly comical as we abruptly stop, point and nod to whatever historical revelation Rick had for us.
Having been to New York Earlier this year, I Began to feel a tad anxious approaching the square. I think I prefer London though with a unique blend of new and old captured above.
Walking through the streets, decked out in Christmas lights, I could not believethat the cherry on top was the factthat it "snowing?" I exclaimed my disbelief to Tiffany, apparently loudly enough for a stranger to approach us and say, "let me help you out right now, it's fake snow ... "and points to the giant snow blower on top of this building. So kind.
This is Hyde Park or "Winter Wonderland." When going to thesis sort of things you have to Decide Whether you are going to go on rides or eat food. We opted for a giant bratwurst.
I recently Discovered BBC's Sherlock Holmes series. Now, I've always put a fan of Sherlock Holmes, but this modern version is brilliant! I was stoked to be bootable to visit Baker Street where clause it was filmed.
This is the Cafe in Sherlock Holmes.
This is for Sam! The entrance to the British Library. I almost applied for a library card for my souvenir collection.
Reynard Way had Their Christmas nativity show. It's neat Because The actors are made up of children in the church and the community And They perform for the parents and friends.
Off to Holland! I somehow managed to navigate with the 2 trains and 1 bus to the airport. In hindsight I should have just paid more for my flight to arrive at a more convenient airport. The flight was 45 minutes, the additional travel time to and from airports was 6 hours. Live and learn.
A treat for my first day in Zwolle with auntie Alice. I love trying out all my English words, and with the help of Google translate it is so easy! Except as I type this my dutch internet connection keeps changing my English words to dutch...
Doei!













Love the BBC Sherlock show! Hope you're doing well :)
ReplyDelete